|January 14, 2021
YOU MAY HAVE RECEIVED A NON-FILER NOTICE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- The only way to file your local taxes on-line is through this website.
- Turbo Tax, Tax Slayer or any other online system files only federal and state returns.
- If you filed your taxes on-line through our website, be sure the filing is submitted. Once you have submitted/finalized the return, you will receive a Return ID number. If you do not have a Return ID number, the return has not been submitted.
- If you moved and didn’t inform Capital Tax that you moved.
- If you filed with the wrong tax collection agency.
- If you receive a return from Capital Tax, that means our records show you living in one of our managed jurisdictions. Therefore, we need a return from you.
- If the filing received had an incorrect Social Security Numbers (SSN).
- Employers may not have the employees correct SSN.
- If you retire, you must inform us. There is no way to know when anyone retires. By checking the box marked “retired” on the tax return and providing the date of retirement then sending in the tax return, we can update our system to prevent any further returns being sent.
- If you have your taxes done by a preparer, be sure the local return is mailed.
The staff at Capital Tax Collection Bureau are available to assist you with any questions you may have.
*If you call and the lines are busy, please leave a message and your call will be returned in the order it was received.